Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Pancetta
Yield: 5 servings
• 2 cups Brussel sprouts, trimmed and halved(quartered if large)
• ¼ cup Pancetta, visible fat discarded, ¼” dice
• 1 clove Garlic, minced
• ½ tbsp Olive Oil, extra virgin
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400’F
2. Toss Brussel sprouts, pancetta, garlic, oil and salt & pepper to taste in an 11-by-7-inch baking pan and spread evenly in 1 layer.
3. Roast in upper third of oven, stirring once halfway through roasting, until sprouts are brown on edges and tender, about 25 minutes total. Stir in water, scraping up brown bits.
4. Serve warm as a side to the Roasted Striploin of Beef.
Roasted Striploin of Beef
Yield: 8-10 servings
• 4-5lbs Boneless Beef striploin roast, AA or AAA grade, fat trimmed to ¼ inch
• 1 tbsp Montreal Steak Spice
• 4 tsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
• 2 tsp Thyme, fresh, chopped
• 2 tsp Rosemary, fresh, chopped
Salt and Pepper to Taste
• 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
1. Preheat oven to 400’F.
2. Combine olive oil, Montreal steak spice, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper to form a paste. This can be done in a food processor as well. Cover, chill at least 3 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated)
3. Pat meat dry with paper towels. Rub meat all over with herb paste. Cover; chill at least 3 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated).
4. Heat vegetable oil over medium heat in a heavy bottom ovenable skillet.
5. Sear beef in the pre heated pan until well browned on all sides.
6. Transfer beef striploin in pan to the preheated oven.
7. Roast meat uncovered for 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 350’F. Roast meat until a thermometer inserted into thickest part of meat registers 130’F-135’F, about 30-35 minutes (or 140’F for medium, about 40 minutes).
8. Remove from oven; let stand for 20 minutes. Cut crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick slices. Arrange on a platter and serve with Brussel sprouts and your favourite risotto or potato dish.